Friday, April 1, 2011

You say its yer birthday!

For those of you who have issues with perfection and happiness, you want to skip the rest of this blog.


  My day started earlier than usual - 6 something a.m.  And when I walked into my kitchen, I walked into banners and sparklers and ribbons.  And a present.  And 3 birthday cards.  And coffee.  For those of you who know me well, you know that when I say I was crying, it was the PERFECT beginning to my new year and new decade.  I had breakfast with Hal at my favorite breakfast spot & cafe - the mighty mighty Looney Bean (where I got a free cuppa b day coffee).

I spoke to lots of my family.  I got a massage.  I took a nap.  I spent time trying on outfits in front of my boyfriend for approval.  I had the BEST Chicken Chop Suey at Karma Kitchen.  And then, to the rocking beat of Rock Creek Band, I danced the night away.  I danced to my wedding song (Not Fade Away), heard my class song - (Proud Mary - St. Mary's High School, Lancaster, New York)  - sex, drugs, beer, and wine, we're the class of 69) and and the greatest rock and roll song ever written (in my opinion of which I have several), Johnny B. Goode.  My Mazatlan family came by to dance and celebrate with me.  We stayed til the amplifiers were carried out!

Except for a couple teary (mostly joyful) outbursts, I was smiling the whole live long day.

Thanks to all my elders who have inspired me.

And to all of you in your 50's and younger.....  Call me if you need a party planner.











1 comment:

Kathy Tycho said...

Happy Birthday Helene:

My best friend from school shares yer birthday as well. A good friend at home just turned 60 too, I alas am now 62. Do I feel old? no! do you? no! are we old? nooooooo!
P.S. I'd keep that Proud Mary thing to myself!!! Just kidding.
Felice Compleanno
Kathy & Eric