Friday, February 13, 2009

School is half over. Yay!

Today I finished my second week of school. I started teaching parts the very structured class hours each day, this week, and each day I add more time to my teaching experience. I have four classes that I'm in, three in the morning and one in the afternoon. I have a few hours off in the middle of the day and Northie and I go to the beach or downtown to the tourist zones, or even stay home once in a while.

The kids are great and all try so hard to do well with a very difficult subject - English. There's also a few adults in each class. Not one word of Spanish is spoken in class but the system works and they all learn. I was nervous at first but finished the week feeling a lot more comfortable, but still a lot to learn about this.

The weather here is wonderfully predictable - sunny and 80 degrees every day. No wind. A little humid. And passing clouds once in a while. Just to the east are the jungle mountains. They get overcast every once in a while, but it doesn't usually work its way down to the beach.

Tomorrow we will take to public bus to Sayulita for the day - a return to that surfer town we spent 2 days at earlier. Then, we'll come back to Puerto Vallarta for a Valentine dinner in an Italian restaurant in the Romantic Zone.

No comments: